Youth Leadership Council
Oklahoma ranks 2nd highest in the nation for teen births. Unplanned pregnancy can prevent some teens from reaching their full potential. Through the Youth Leadership Council (YLC), Tulsa Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy develops youth leaders in the areas of sexual/reproductive health and teen pregnancy prevention.
Tulsa Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy will equip youth leaders with advocacy and public speaking training. The YLC advises the organization’s work and contributes valuable youth perspectives. YLC will engage the community through public awareness and event planning targeted to empowering Tulsa’s youth. YLC members will be awarded a Visa gift card for serving on the Youth Leadership Council.
We are looking for youth that are:
-Between the ages of 14-18
-Passionate about making a difference in the community
-Looking to gain leadership skills
-Committed to attending meetings twice a month (Wednesday’s 5:30pm-8:00pm)
-Committed to attending a one day Orientation Retreat on Saturday, October 14, 2017
Check out our Class of 2016-2017!
2016-2017 students in YLC are from: Rogers, McLain, Union, Edison, Booker T. Washington, and Owasso!
Application Due Monday, September 25th.
ONCE YOU BEGIN, YOU MUST SUBMIT THIS APPLICATION IN ONE SITTING. PLEASE READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE APPLICATION BEFORE YOU BEGIN. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE AND COMPLETE LATER.
There are 2 components to the application.
- Application Component: This part will have general information, 3 short response questions, and a creative component project.
- Click HERE for application
- Creative Component Project: This project is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your creativity in how you would address an issue important to the Youth Leadership Council.
- Click HERE for creative component project directions
- Application for Returning Members: This is the application for individuals interested in returning to YLC. If you have served as a member in YLC in the past, please fill out this application to indicate your interest in participating in the 2017-2018 class.
For assistance completing your application, or for questions, contact: email@example.com