Want To Work At The Tulsa Campaign?
One of our partner agencies recently posted this position. Check it out.
Position Title: Modus Program Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Youth Development at Youth Services of Tulsa
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Status: Full-Time; Exempt; Temporary March 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017
Applications being accepted for a full-time Program Coordinator to implement a transportation program for youth, called “modus”. The Coordinator will report to the Director of Youth Development at Youth Services of Tulsa (YST). This position will be responsible for recruiting volunteers and working with community partners to assist youth with transportation to social service and health related appointments. Staff will also educate youth on transportation resources. The program will be hosted by YST until January 2018, with the intent of it launching into an independent non-profit after the completion of a successful pilot.
The modus Program Coordinator will be the primary staff person over the modus program extended pilot phase and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the program, including volunteer recruitment, volunteer training, promotion of the program to teen serving agencies and healthcare centers, and facilitate the transportation logistics between the volunteer drivers and the youth riders.
WHAT IS MODUS?
MODUS is a two-pronged transportation solution for Tulsa teens. modusSelect is a ride-sharing option that matches teen riders with volunteer drivers who use their own vehicles and receive mileage reimbursement for each completed trip. modusEd ensures students are trained on how to utilize Tulsa Transit to navigate the bus system to increase teen self-sufficiency. Successful implementation of modus will not only increase teen mobility but it also aims to increase teen ridership on Tulsa Transit, decrease member agency spending on transportation, and lower the no-show rate for teens who access social services. For the first time in Tulsa’s history, teens will not only have seamless access to all social services, but will gain increased independence through mobility.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor ridership requests from students or caseworkers via a ride sharing
- Recruit, process, and train volunteer
- Provide travel training to Tulsa Public Schools (TPS) ninth graders (target # of students TBD).
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure and oversee programmatic excellence in achieving modus mission through strong communication, program delivery, and systems coordination.
- Engage and energize modusSelect youth/riders, volunteer drivers, and membership/partner organizations.
- Lead and coach volunteers to track progress towards long-term MODUS goals.
- Manage 15-20+ volunteers, along with 3-4 membership agency relationships.
- Evaluate quarterly program components to measure progress towards long-term MODUS goals.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Encourage agencies to become members/partners through recruitment and marketing of modus services as a way to increase efficiency and decrease no-show rates of appointments.
- Consider fundraising activities to support existing program operations in order to supplement earned revenue gaps.
- Develop a web presence for external relations, with the goal of creating a stronger brand online and in the community.
Planning & New Business:
- Execute the strategic business plan for both business lines: modusSelect and modus
- Develop an online technology app/platform to streamline reservation requests and connect youth and volunteers.
- Coordinate with TPS to provide training to 9th graders on how to utilize existing Tulsa Transit services.
- Build partnerships in new markets within Tulsa, establish relationships with new funders, political and community leaders.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural and ethnic differences in all interactions.
- Be resourceful, independent, and enjoy working and learning at a swifter than normal pace.
- Creativity—your creative mind has no limits – literally…what box!? You consistently color outside the lines because that’s where all the fun stuff happens.
- Strategic ability to see the bigger picture (forest through the trees).
- Be well organized and have demonstrated success to guide and organize others.
- Practice accountability and strong ethical standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively across multiple sectors.
- Utilize necessary knowledge and skills to perform the job, constantly wanting to keep current with new and best practices in all related fields.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred (preferably in related field).
- A track record of effectively leading and scaling a program through outcomes-based progression.
- Experience and commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong marketing, public relations, social media, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
To Apply: https://www.yst.org/open-positions/
Applications accepted until the position is filled. Youth Services of Tulsa, Inc. (YST) is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants from all positions equally without regard to their race, sex, age, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability which is not job-related. This application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Each question should be answered in a complete and accurate manner as no action can be taken on this application until all questions have been answered.
This position is open until filled.
Contact Jill Norman at Youth Services of Tulsa
Tulsa Campaign is currently seeking the following:
Tulsa Campaign Intern
Tulsa Campaign is currently seeking applicants for an internship to begin Monday, August 7, 2017 for the duration of the fall semester.
Tulsa Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy seeks intern with various skill sets. The purpose of this internship is to educate the intern about the issues surrounding and effects of teen pregnancy in Tulsa, while helping them grow into a valuable member of the Tulsa Campaign team.
Responsibilities and Duties: Assignments will depend on the intern’s skill set and education goals for their internship and will be mutually agreed upon. These could include, but are not limited to the following typical intern assignments:
- Conduct research pertaining to local socioeconomic structure of Tulsa and its effects on teen pregnancy rates and related issues.
- Synthesize and prepare data to send to partner organizations, board members, and funders to maintain communication about the campaign regarding current progress.
- Prepare materials for campaign trainings and meetings.
- Assist in functions with the Tulsa Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy Youth Leadership Council (YLC).
- Assess the educational value in specific resources designated to various age groups.
Education: The Tulsa Campaign is looking for interns with some college or technical college experience. Students with at least a sophomore standing are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: Complete the Tulsa Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy Internship Application, and email with attached résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, in this email please provide information for at least three references. To be considered for internship, all application materials must be received by July 21, 2017.